Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Dark Side!

The end of the movie. The priest has become - THIS GUY!
Even knowing that Rory is only acting here- this scares me.
Right after this photo was taken, Rory had his shoulder surgery, and the recovery process is going well. This is the 3rd shoulder surgery, and THIS time it was done by a professional.



Knowing Rory personally (better than anybody than perhaps Joe Valdez) i know that he has been pretty tough these last 7 years. Lots of injuries and surgery (done badly!). But things are turning around after meeting (at last) a competent doctor. For more than a decade now, Rory has not been on stage. In the meantime, had some injuries and the doctors/surgeons really didn't know what to do. And when the surgeons decided to go ahead with the operations, in 2008 and it became a nightmare.

The top surgeon at USC took on Rory's case and he is repairing the damage inflicted by the incompetency of the previous surgeons.

And knowing Rory, we will now one day see him back on stage where he belongs. He hasn't aged at all- you'll be amazed when he's back in shape- trust me on this one.

Keep watching for further updates. We'll start posting some training photos soon.

And don't forget to leave your comments or questions! A lot your questions are ending up in Rory's email basket, and I really want to encourage everybody to post the questions for everybody to see- right here on the blog. So let's hear from you, ok?

5 comments:

  1. Hello Rory, Did the pictures come out from Oma and will I be able to vieuw it with the rest of the family. email me at gonero1@att.net. I can't wait when you come back up and we do something like "fishing" that you love to do. Until then, great success in your life and take care my Nephew. Say hi to all and your Momma. A special heloo to Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rory,
    Just came across your blog. It has been many
    many years since i first met you. You owned the gym in Garden Grove that you purchased from Rod Kuntz.I was a memeber there. I met you there and I also met Bob Paris
    there . I think Bob was living in the Gym at that Time. This was around late 1979 or 1980.
    I saw you win th 1980 Mr, Cal in LA. You still looking fantastic. regards, Don Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rory , I ran accross you on facebook ( danny Padillas profile ) Long time my man ! Sounds like your doing well ! its been along time since the Flex it gym in Garden Grove ! wow . Im still training but its kinda hit an miss lol . Couldnt friend you on face book cause your profile is private I guess and thats why Im writing you here . John Hobson ( las Vegas )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rory! It's been since the early 80's that I saw you last. I was a member at Flex-it gym. I hope all is well. It looks as if things are going well for you, I'm happy about that. Take care,Keith

      Delete
  4. Come on Rory, you are over the hill, too many injuries and steroid abuse. Are you still training six days a week? How is the family? Hope they are doing fine. How old are you really? 55 or 56? You were great in your time, just like a lot of bodybuilders. I respect you still, from the old days at Uptown Gym. You have to train hard, have the desire, will power, genetics and drugs. I would say the genetics and desire are the most important. Well good luck and hope all works out well for you.

    ReplyDelete